Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Exploring Disreputable Films

 Hello.

This has been a long time coming - since at least July, at any rate.  I've been quietly working on turning this blog into what I wanted it to be all along.  Trouble is, all of that may turn out to be moot.

As some of you may know, I have been trying to launch adult-themed blogs for years with little success.  This particular blog was part of that effort.  It was created in 2017, launched in 2018, and closed in 2020.  It was followed by a blog called Your Online Secret, which may have been the most effective of these projects at least in the short term.  That blog was closed in late 2021, and it has since been deleted to avoid too much confusion as far as branding.  Many of the reviews are still available though (I'll get there), and a lot of the other content was recycled from the best posts here.  So you're not missing much that generated interest in the first place.

I've been pretty active on Letterboxd and The Movie Database during the last 12 months.  It's been particularly rewarding as far as my movie-watching goes.  However, I felt a yearning to cover the occasional esoteric topic that didn't necessarily fit a proper review.  So the urge to do a blog now and then returned.  This one seemed to be the perfect candidate because I've been using some of its trappings since I closed it and it's not necessarily married to the concept of covering adult content.  After all, the tag line has always been "Exploring Disreputable Films" without specifying what those were.

So here we are.  I've wiped most of the old material with the intent to start anew, preserving only the very best entries from the past.  If you're interested in reading my adult reviews, they can be found here and occasionally here.  I do have some ideas for new entries here, too.  Some of it is all-new, and some of it is stuff which has been online elsewhere.  There might even be coverage of films not associated with the adults-only label.

There's only one problem.  My personal life is kind of complicated all of a sudden in ways I hadn't really anticipated at the beginning of the year.  As a result, I'm not making any promises of when future updates will happen, or if they even will happen.  I can be pretty mercurial at times, after all.  I have the best of intentions, but things happen.  At the very least, I can at least point to this place now as a source for some of my coverage of these films.

Welcome, or at least welcome back.  I hope I will indeed have more to say here in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment